- 7 Diet Secrets Of The Stars
- Exercise Ball with Pump – Great For Yoga, Fitness & Balance Exercises
- Awesome Weight Loss Program Program – Lose Weight Using Remarkable Techniques
- Rapid Weight Loss Diet Tips–How To Reduce Fat Around Your Sides, Thighs, And Belly Quickly!
- Benefits Based Exercise Routines
- December 2013 (1)
- November 2013 (4)
- October 2013 (1)
- September 2013 (3)
- August 2013 (1)
- July 2013 (3)
- June 2013 (1)
- May 2013 (3)
- April 2013 (3)
- March 2013 (3)
- February 2013 (1)
- October 2012 (1)
- August 2012 (3)
- July 2012 (1)
- June 2012 (3)
- May 2012 (7)
- April 2012 (2)
- March 2012 (1)
- January 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (1)
- October 2011 (3)
- September 2011 (4)
- August 2011 (2)
Monthly Archives: March 2012
Why the Best Breakfast Food Is So Important
Having your best breakfast food every day is an essential way to get your day going. This food not only has to be substantial enough to keep the hunger pangs at bay throughout the morning, but must have nutritional value. Our blood sugar levels are the lowest at this time of day, and injecting sugar into the system is the last thing we need. This is going to be the meal that keeps us on track for the rest of the day.
The following are some of the foods you should never consume. This obviously isn’t a complete list, and might include your favorites, but it will give you an idea of what you should be trying to avoid.
Do Not Include these in Your Breakfast
1. Sugar. Cereals that are sugar-based, along with sweet rolls will give you a sugar-jolt, but it isn’t the kind of jolt you’re looking for, especially that time of day. You may avoid some of the sugar with cake doughnuts as yeast donuts, but the tradeoff is consuming twice as much fat. The frying shortening they use may also be Tran’s fat.
2. Saturated fats. Bacon and sausage are breakfast favorites, but the saturated fats can lead to clogged arteries. A better option to frying the meat would be to grill it, as that will eliminate much of the unwanted fat.
3. Sodium. Along with all that bad sugar an animal fat, breakfast food that is bad for you will have high levels of sodium. Salt is one of the major causes of high blood pressure, which can lead to heart disease and stroke, two of the three highest causes of death in the US.
What to Look for in for Breakfast
Here are some of the things that should be among your best breakfast food:
1. Protein. Foods that will keep you going for a longer period of time are eggs, dairy products and lean meat. With most of these foods it is how they are prepared that is often the cause of problems. For instance, eggs eaten in moderation are great, but not when they are cooked in saturated fat. Try 100% whole-grain toast with peanut or almond butter for a quick, high protein start to the day.
2. High fiber foods. High nutrition but low calorie breakfast options are fruits, vegetables and whole grains. For weight reduction, keep the fruits to portion-control size as they are elevated in fructose. We normally don’t often consider vegetables for breakfast, although a full English breakfast always includes beans. But peppers, onions and mushrooms in an omelet is an excellent choice for breakfast.
3. Fat-free Greek yogurt. For breakfast dairy options, a fat-free Greek yogurt with fresh fruit is excellent. It is fast becoming a favorite with yogurt lovers.
4. Lemon in hot water. Try squeezing a quarter of a fresh lemon into a cup of hot water, add a little cayenne pepper and stir. This is a great for cleansing the liver and can be incorporated within your breakfast. These are great liver cleansers, and taken every day will be great for helping this vital organ.
Time is often the biggest issue we have with getting a nutritious breakfast, but there are ways around this. Much can often be done to prepare your breakfast the night before, so all you have to do is reheat and eat. If you like hard-boiled eggs, they can be prepared in advance. Just use a little creativity and you will be able to start the day with a healthy breakfast.